Version Effective July 25th, 2018
Custom Now ("customnow.com", “we” or “us”) is dedicated to protecting your privacy rights. We greatly value our online visitors and collect information to better serve your buying needs and ensure that you have a positive shopping experience at the Customnow.com ("Site"). We guarantee that your shopping experience is safe and secure. At Customnow.com you can be assured that your transactional information is secure, consistent with current industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site. By using our Site, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your information, including Personal Information (defined below), as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site is subject to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, and your continued use of our Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
Information we collect
We may collect information directly from you, automatically through your use of our Site, and from third parties. We may combine all of information we collect about you from these various sources.
- Information we collect directly from you. When visiting customnow.com and trying to place an order, you will be asked to make an account with us and input personal data such as your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card or other form of payment information for purposes such as: providing you with updates on the items you purchased, to process and ship orders, to send shipping confirmations, issue RMA numbers, provide general customer service and inform you of new features, promotions, and special offers.
- Content that you provide. You may upload comments, reviews, graphics, photos or other materials to the Site ("Content"). If you post Content on our Site, the Content (e.g., t-shirt designs or photos submitted as part of a contest), as well as other information (e.g., user name or profile picture), may be available to all visitors to our Site, and we cannot prevent such Content or information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
- Information we collect about you from third parties. We may collect information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect demographics information from public sources and from third-party data and analytics companies. In addition, we may collect information about you from other Customnow.com users (e.g., if one user ships a package to another user).
- Information we collect automatically through your use of our Site. We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site and your orders, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of web browser you are using, the website that led you to our Site, the website you visit after leaving our Site, the pages you view on our Site, the dates and times you access our Site, and information about any orders you place, such as your order identification number, items ordered and the cost of your order.
- None of your credit card information is stored in any way by customnow.com. When completing the checkout process, you will have an option to save your method of payment for future purchases. If you choose to save your payment information, a profile that includes billing, payment and shipping information will be created on a third party PCI DSS compliant payment processor – Authorize.net. Each profile is stored on their secure servers and assigned an ID that is used in place of all customer information. Each customer profile can include up to 10 payment profiles.
How we use your information
Processing necessary to fulfill a sales order/contract and provision of services:
We use your Personal Information to fulfil sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
- To manage your registration as a user on the Customnow.com website. This helps us identify you as a site user, and offers you access to different functionalities, and a better experience.
- To complete business transactions and fulfil orders. This involves sending your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking your purchases.
- To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
- To update you with order status, shipping and tracking information.
- To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our email and phone lines.
- To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our site and review us as a company.
- To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, this includes:
- To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations
- To comply with all legal proceedings
- To deal with requests form you to exercise your Data Subject access rights
- To process information regarding a crime or offence and support associated proceedings
- To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our site
- To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
We may use your personal data to pursue our Legitimate Interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests.
We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Our use of your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interest includes:
- Improving our services. For example, reviewing information associated with nonfunctioning pages or links, so we can fix them and give you a frustration free experience on our site.
- Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your activities on our site.
- Contacting you via email, push notifications on your browser and mobile app and by SMS/text message to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, offers and services.
- To measure the performance of our marketing campaigns. For example, analyzing the open and click rates of an email campaign
- To serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us online to improve your overall shopping experience. For example, analyzing browsing behavior to create a better navigation menu, so you need less clicks to get to your product of choice.
- To contact you by email, telephone or SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as the app's push notifications etc., regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including site security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our site and other social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- To provide customer service to you via chat and email.
- To measure the performance of our Customer Service associates.
- To verify product and customer experience reviews left on the Customnow.com website, provide a truthful assessment of our services and merchandise.
- For the internal management and audit of business operations and financials.
- We use CCTV monitoring in our physical location to prevent criminal activity and protect you, our customer.
Processing based on Consent:
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
Our partners may use automated profiling technologies for purposes of serving you more relevant ads and improving your browsing experience. They do not make automated decisions which might significantly affect you.
- Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/Text message and push notifications on your browser and through our mobile application
- Provide you with targeted advertisements from other parties while you are experiencing our site
- Provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites including our advertisements and those of third parties
- Allow select partners to profile your activities on our site so you can have a better experience on our, their and other third party websites.
How we share your information
Customnow.com may share your information, including Personal Information and/or Content, with the following types of third parties:
- Service providers. Customnow.com may share your information with third-party service providers, vendors, agents, contractors or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process your orders, deliver packages or send mail. We will obtain consent for such sharing with service providers where legally required. We enter into written agreements with these third-party service providers requiring them to provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as provided under this Policy and limiting their use of your Personal Information to the specified services provided on our behalf.
- Corporate affiliates. Customnow.com may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate or subsidiary.
- Other unaffiliated third parties. Subject to applicable laws, Customnow.com may share your information directly with third parties, including so they may send you marketing offers directly.
Customnow.com may also share your information, including Personal Information and/or Content, in the following contexts:
- Protecting rights and interests. Customnow.com may share your information with law enforcement agencies and others as we deem appropriate to investigate, protect or defend the rights, safety or property of Custom Now, our customers or the public.
- Sale or acquisition of assets. Custom Now, Inc. may share your information if we become involved in a transaction involving the sale of our assets, such as a merger or acquisition, if we are transferred to another company, or as part of any other business transfer.
- Legal compliance. Custom Now, Inc. may share your information to comply with laws, regulations, legal process (e.g., a warrant or subpoena) or guidance; and to respond to governmental requests (e.g., requests from a regulator).
- Aggregate or anonymous information.
- Customnow.com maintains special relationships with a number of secure third party partners. For your security or benefit, when you make a purchase, we may share information about you and the transaction with other companies for many reasons including verification, fraud prevention, credit card authorization, US Government policy compliance and shipping purposes.
- Customnow.com may share account or other information when we are required by law (e.g., in response to subpoenas, court orders, etc.) or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information, at Customnow.com’s discretion, with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to export compliance, fraud, credit or debt collection.
- You agree that Customnow.com may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud and export compliance checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference, fraud prevention agency or US Government agency, which may keep a record of that information.
- Customnow.com also shares information with outside companies that perform services for Customnow.com. For example, when a customer signs up for our e-mail newsletters, Customnow.com will provide the customers e-mail address to third party e-mail distribution companies that transmit e-mails on behalf of Customnow.com. Your e-mail address will not be used by these companies for any purpose other than for the transmission of e-mails for Customnow.com.
- We may retain outside companies to assist us in managing our customer information database or to update and correct customer information for future marketing purposes. Customnow.com takes steps to ensure the confidentiality of your information and to make sure it is not used for other purposes.
Cookies and other tracking mechanisms
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly, and they do not damage your computer and are never used to store your sensitive Personal Information.
Customnow.com may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology. However, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties for the purpose of providing you with relevant products and advertisements custom tailored to each visitor.
Cookies also allow us to store items in your shopping cart if you leave without checking out and display items that you have recently viewed. Most browsers allow you the option of disabling cookies, but we recommend that you keep it "turned on" to better assist you with your shopping. The information collected is only used to better serve your buying needs and ease your shopping experience with us online.
Data subjects have the ability to opt out of the use of our Cookies. Should you wish to turn off all Cookies, you may do so in your browser's settings.
California do not track disclosure
Our Site does not respond to do not track signals though you may be able to disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). There is still no universally accepted standard regarding tracking.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.83). You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please affirm that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Customnow.com will never SPAM or send unsolicited materials based on information collected at our site. Registrants may opt out of receiving materials from us at any time by contacting us with such requests.
Please contact us via email at email@example.com, by telephone at 786-955-6378, or by Fax at 305-944-4671. Include your name address, and relevant information and indicate "Do not mail".
Customnow.com sends 3-4 promotional emails per week to keep our subscribers informed about the latest trends and sales. If you wish to no longer receive any promotional emails from Customnow.com, you can always click on the "unsubscribe" link on the bottom of the newsletter or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address and we will remove it from our database.
Our Site is maintained in the United States of America. The information we collect from you through our services may be transferred to, stored at, and processed in the USA and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other country in which you are located. This includes processing by us, our affiliates, our third party service companies and other third parties as described in this Policy. You explicitly consent and agree to such transfer, storing and/or processing of your Personal Information outside the EEA or other country in which you are located. You understand that data stored in the USA may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the USA. The USA may not have data protection laws that are as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however, our collection, storage and use of your Personal Information will at all times be in accordance with this Policy.
Your European privacy rights
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have certain additional rights with respect to your Personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), including the following:
- The right of access to your Personal Information.
- The right to rectify your Personal Information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to have your Personal Information erased (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time (if our processing is based on consent).
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Information (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your Personal Information from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit your Personal Information to another controller without hindrance from us (data portability).
If you are located in the European Union and you are or have been our customer, we may send you marketing communications based on our legitimate interests, subject always to your right to opt out of such communications. Further, if you are located in the European Union, we will never share your personal information with a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes, unless you have specifically consented to us doing so.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity, and in some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your Personal Information.
Furthermore, if you believe that our processing of your Personal Information is inconsistent with your data protection rights under the GDPR and we have not adequately addressed your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country.
For purposes of the GDPR, we are a “controller” and you are a “data subject.”
Our Site is not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under 13, we will promptly take measures to delete that Personal Information from our systems. In the case of residents of the European Union, we do not collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16 except with parental consent, subject to an EU member state providing by law for a lower age (not below 13 years).
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Your use of an external website is subject to and governed by the terms and policies of that website. Customnow.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website they visit.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures, appropriate to the risk, to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and unauthorized disclosure or access. For example, we limit internal access to our servers and have physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in place that are designed to protect your information. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through our Site. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information, and you provide such information at your own risk.
You can also take steps to help protect your information. For example, if you have an account with us, you should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private.
We retain your Personal Information, if provided by you through our Site, for as long as your inquiry is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter, or if applicable, for as long as you remain on our marketing list. We also may retain your Personal Information for a longer period of time on the basis of our legitimate interests in providing our Services to you or as necessary to comply with our tax and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your Personal Information, we may continue to retain and use aggregated or anonymous data previously collected so that it can no longer be used for personal identification and/or anonymize or aggregate your Personal Information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Changes to this Policy
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or to exercise your rights under this Policy, please contact us using the information below.